Thursday, November 20, 2014

These poor children…

   Jordan's (biological) oldest child is a quite the accomplished thief, always has been, I'm told. So, after having to take two shirts to the dry  cleaners with irreparable damage, i zip tied my closet shit. She and her older cousin just cut it off and raided it while I was taking the youngest child to orchestra lessons. I was furious, but really more hurt than angry. We put a key lock knob on the bedroom door, and what does she do? She gets caught at school stealing peoples clothes and money from their gym lockers!! Here's the odd part: her dresser drawers cannot even close they're so over packed with clothes! It's weird. 

   This is in addition to the 3 F's and 2D's she's getting AND!!! The truancy tickets for not going to class!! She takes the bus to school, but what does she do there?!? She has missed the equivalent of a quarter of school and the 2nd quarter just started. It's nuts. She's grounded for two weeks. I'm literally praying every night she turns her ways around…but it isn't working. For example, today when she said, "I stayed after school to make up a test," I emailed her teachers, and each of them told me she wasn't with them. One even said she hasn't seen her in a very long time. Oye vay…

   Worse yet, her younger brother thinks she's cool. So 13 year old junior is now smoking cigarettes and dope, now, too. We got skype on our tablet so while I'm gone cleaning the bank (my new 2nd job) she can tell us when they're misbehaving, but then they're mean to her. 

   Their mom keeps saying she's gonna move up here because she's getting this lump sum of money soon...it's her disability check, and the last three times she's spent it right away. Three times in the last year and a half, that we know of, she has ended up getting evicted for lack of payment. Currently, she is homeless, again, and moved in with her boyfriend, and his 4 friends. Praying cannot be the only solution. They need their mom. They need their mom to be healthy. I'm lost. I don't know what to do to help these poor children. I am in over my head. In some way, though, it's comical. How in the hell did I end up here. Ha. You've got to laugh, though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment